“Obesity is a mental state, a disease brought on by boredom and disappointment”-Cyril Connoly
Obesity can be caused due to several reasons; here are some the reasons why obesity is caused
Excess intake of calories:
As the famous proverb goes “Too much of anything is bad”, over intake of calories can cause a significant amount of damage to your body. According to W.H.O., Into an average person consumes up to 2000 calories a day. When calories are consumed in excess of that number, this leads to obesity.
A Poor diet:
The repercussions of following a poor diet are endless, this can causing you several diseases such as diabetes, heart diseases, and stroke. Regular consumption of alcohol, junk food, sugarcoated items leads into practicing a bad diet. This, in turn, will lead a person to obesity.
Blame your genes:
Obesity caused due to genes is not very common these days, having said that science has been able to prove the statement right. Bardet-Baldi syndrome and Prader-Willi syndrome are two disorders that cause obesity.
Obesity can be caused by medical barriers, hypothyroidism a medical condition where the thyroid gland does not produce enough hormones can be taken as an example. Cushing’s syndrome is a rare medical condition that causes obesity.
What is liposuction?
Laser Liposuction Surgery is a cosmetic procedure, where fat from your body is removed. Thighs, buttocks, neck, chin, are only some the areas from where fat is extracted. The surgery involves the reduction of fat with the help of a hollow instrument called cannula. This instrument is inserted under the skin, to allow it to suck fat from different parts of the body.
Liposuction can be used to counter obesity:
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases, cancer, and diabetes.
- Improves the confidence of the individual after the treatment
- Helps in the reduction of fat from unwanted areas in the body
- It drives away the possibilities of genetics playing a role in causing obesity.
What are the side effects of this liposuction surgery?
- There will be an appearance of temporary swelling, bruising in the treated areas.
- There will be a permanent change in the color of your skin
- There will be an appearance of uneven skin surfaces on the treated areas.
- The chances of damage being done to your skin and nerves are very high.
- Excessive loss of blood and some other fluids from your body
- If medication is not taken after the treatment, it can lead to infections
Know More About Liposuction: