There exist many notions and criteria of beauty. Flawless and smooth are extremely common synonyms to beauty. Many women and men associate smooth, hairless skin to beauty as well. Hence hair removal has become a routine part and parcels in people’s lives. Tweezing, waxing and shaving are some of the common practices people adopt to get rid of the hair on their skin. But another method that people also look into is permanent hair removal via Laser Hair Removal Treatment.
Laser hair removal is one of the most common cosmetic surgery that most people look into. The basic outline of the process is when a beam of the laser is concentrated into hair follicles. Pigment in the follicles absorbs the light which destroys the hair. Why people opt for permanent hair removal treatment is because through permanent hair removal lasts longer compared to the regular need to wax, tweeze and shave. Bur before opting for the same here are a few pointers that should be kept in mind.
Effects of Permanent Hair Removal
- Permanent Laser Hair Removal is a relatively safe treatment which works better on lighter or darker skin. This is because the laser light picks up on the colour contrast in order to zap follicles.
- Several treatments and sessions may be needed for long-term benefits and permanent hair removal.
- The skin is not adversely affected as the skin cools down much faster than the hair follicles. At the same, after the session, a cooling cream would be applied after to cool down the skin and minimise the risk.
- Essentially permanent laser hair treatment involves the use of a lot of heat to burn the hair. Hence come patients or people experience skin burns.
- Certain times after the treatment darkening of the skin that may occur. Sometimes even lightening of skin that occurs after the treatment.
- It is important to keep your eyes protects as the laser rays are extremely harmful to the eyes.
- One of the most common side effects before and after permanent laser hair removal feeling itchy.
- If the patient in hand has extremely sensitive skin the formation of scabs, a mild form of bruises may also occur on the sensitive skin. This only appears immediately after the treatment and is likely to disappear with time.
- Always ensure to clean up after the treatment as the laser treatment can cause infections. It is a rare but significant side effect of permanent laser hair removal treatment.
- Before going in for the treatment avoid the sunlight as skin colour has a big impact on how effective the laser treatment can be. The closer the skin colour is to the hair, the less likely the laser can differentiate between the two.
These are just a few pointers to keep in mind before referring to permanent laser hair removal treatment. It’s a cost-effective and time-effective way of getting rid of all that extra hair growth provided clear research is done on the same.
Click Here For: The Side Effects Of Hair Removal Creams